To get your fire going, all you’ll need is a small pile of dry grass, wood shavings, or other flammable materials. Hold the magnesium firesteel shaft close to the pile and quickly draw the striker down the shaft at a right angle to produce sparks. The sparks will ignite the dry materials and, as the fire becomes established, you will be able to gradually add larger materials to the fire until it is at the desired size. Rain, snow, or whatever Mother Nature can dish out, with this magnesium alloy fire starter, you’ll be able to achieve the spark you need to get your fire going. Small enough to fit in your driest pocket. Makes an essential addition to your dry-box supplies.
- Blade Length 1.5 in. (3.8 cm)
- Blade Steel Magnesium firesteel
- Blade Thickness 0.236 in. (6 mm)
- Handle Material Glass-filled nylon
- Handle Thickness 0.62 in. (15.8 mm)
- Overall Length 3.1 in. (8 cm)
- Weight 1.1 oz. (31.2 g)