Kasumi Santoku Knife 13cm
The Tradition of making Damascus pattern knives began in the Seki region of Japan in the 13th century. 21 Generations later, the Sumikama Family are still producing damascus pattern knives to the exacting standards expected by the Imperial warlords of yesteryear. Kasumi knives are forged from 33 layers of stainless steel. The middle layer, which acts as the cutting edge, is made from V-Gold No. 10 stainless steel; a high quality steel developed exclusively for knives.
Each Kasumi knife blade is a high carbon stainless steel with cobalt, manganese, molybdenum and vanadium for added durability and ease of sharpening. The addition of cobalt to this steel requires special tempering in order to maximize the full benefit of this steel. Sumikama’s technique for this special tempering is a closely guarded secret.
Each Kasumi knife has a laminated Japenese Pakka wood handle secured with stainless steel rivets. Each knife is expertly sharpened to a razor finish, making Kasumi knives the sharpest knife out of the box. A beautiful knife that will provide a lifetime of use and the ultimate in performance.
Kasumi Knives’ Features:
- Japanese Damascus or “Suminagashi” Steel blade.
- VG-10 Stainless core with beautiful damascus stainless exterior.
- Damascus stablizes the hard core which provide superior edge retention.
- Tradition Japanese style resin impregnated laminated wood handle.
- Modern, beautiful knives merged with the best of Japanese tradition to provide sensational performance metrics.
- Made in Japan