Global Classic 14cm Vegetable Knife
The GS-5 is the little brother of the G-5 vegetable chopper, with the same shape of blade in a smaller proportion. These knives take their inspiration from Japanese Usuba (Vegetable Knives), the relatively flat parts of the blade are designed to chop through fruit and vegetables and come into full contact with the chopping board and give a clean cut. The front of the blade is more curved like a chef’s knife, to allow the knife to be rocked gently forward after each cut and encourage correct technique.
The GS-5 is made from CROMOVA 18 stainless steel, specially developed by GLOBAL as it holds a razor-sharp edge and resists rust, stains and corrosion. Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56-58, each knife is carefully weighted by filling the handles with sand to achieve the optimum weight and perfect balance. Other unique features include its smooth contours and seamless construction which eliminates food and dirt traps offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene. The acute 15-degree angle cutting edge provides unsurpassed performance and superior edge retention.
The GS-5 is included in most of our knife block sets as it is an extremely popular and versatile blade.
- CROMOVA 18 stainless steel blade, edge retains razor sharpness and resists rust, stains and corrosion.
- Acute 15 Degree Cutting Edge, provides unsurpassed performance and superior edge retention.
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56-C58.
- Smooth contours and seamless construction eliminate food and dirt traps, offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene.
- Perfectly balanced handles precisely calibrated to offset the weight of the blade.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Made in Japan