- Drop point blade
- Rear lanyard hole
- Full tang construction
- Compact and lightweight
- Suit left and right handers
- Rust and corrosion resistant
- Partially serrated blade edge
- Rigid plastic molded belt sheath
- Reversible pocket clip on sheath
- Locking sheath allows for tip up or tip down carry
- TacHide ™ Textured rubber soft grip handle inserts
- 7Cr17MoV stainless steel titanium nitride coated blade
- Belt sheath fits up to 58mm belts vertically
- Weight: 3.77oz
- Blade length: 3.40″
- Overall knife length: 6.60″
- Overall length with sheath: 6.80″
- Blade style: Drop point blade
- Blade type: Partially serrated edge
- Blade material: Stainless steel 7Cr17MoV
- Handle material: TacHide™ textured rubber handle
- Construction: Full tang
When you need a knife quickly, you need it to have some traction. The TacHide™ grip makes the Gerber Outdoor Basic™ the perfect companion for the light and fast consumer who wants a sturdy blade at an affordable price.
The Gerber Basic™ is super durable and strong because there are no breaks in the metal, the Basic™ has been constructed from a full tang slab of Titanium nitrade coated 7Cr17MoV stainless steel which has superior rust and corrosion resistance.
Extremely compact and lightweight it features a TacHide™ textured rubber soft grip handle for improved traction even when wet. The unique style of the drop point blade makes the Basic™ an essential all round outdoor knife, for rafting, camping and bushwalking etc. The main cutting edge is partially serrated and cuts through rope and small branches with ease.
The rear of the knife also features a lanyard hole allowing for the Gerber Basic™ to be attached to a wrist or neck lanyard quickly and easily. The Basic™ also comes complete with a rigid plastic molded belt sheath with reversible pocket clip allowing the knife to be secured in both directions, forwards and backwards for use by both left and right handed persons. The molded locking belt sheath also has the ability to fit up to 58mm belts vertically or horizontally without the fear of losing the knife from its sheath.