Overall Length: 283 mm
Blade Length: 160 mm
Blade Thickness: 7.00 mm
Style: Full Tang, Exposed at Pommel
Steel: Laminated Cobalt Steel
Hardness: 60 HRC
Handle Material: Thermorun
Weight: 363 Grams
Made in: Japan – Designed in Sweden
Sheath: Moulded Zytel, Sharpening Stone, Waterproof Case
There are survival knives, and then there are survival knives for the professional user. Fällkniven models F1, S1 and A1 have provided exceptional service for more than twenty years and due to their outstanding quality and durability will continue to do so for many years to come. Fällkniven strives for continual improvement which has led them to develop the new Pro Series which takes the concept of the survival knife to unimaginable heights of quality and durability. Fällkniven began developing these impressive new knives in 2010 and five years later, they were able to offer three survival knives which set the benchmark for survival knife manufacture the world over – the Pro series.
New and improved Pro series specification:
Pro series of F1, S1 and A1 differs from its predecessors in the following important details:
1. The laminated VG10 steel is replaced with a laminate cobalt steel (lam. CoS) which, amongst other things, ensures a durable edge and improved edge retention.
2. The blades are consistently thicker causing an increased torsional rigidity – they will withstand even greater external forces than before.
3. The tapered tang is wider and thicker and thus significantly stronger.
4. The cross guard is made of stainless steel and permanently mounted to the tang.
5. The convex edge has been refined to improve the cutting properties.
6. The Zytel sheaths are redesigned meaning they are more durable and are better suited to the Molle attachment system.
7. The knives are supplied with our most valued combination whetstone, the DC4. It offers both a diamond whetstone and a ceramic stone for field sharpening.
8. The knives are packed in shock-resistant, waterproof boxes that can be used for storage of smart phones, GPS, documents, survival gear and much more.